Monday, August 10, 2026

July 2026


4th of July weekend, I went to Joplin to spend time with family.
First I stopped at Grand Falls in Joplin. It's a pretty little waterfall right off the road. The last time I was there was with Mother in 2012!
It was a very hot day with heat index advisory, so I didn't stay too long.
I love the sound of falling/rushing water.

Supper at my brother's house with his family and some of their friends.
Brenda made an amazing pasta and meat soup!
My brother Tim
The flowers at my mother's cousins' home are beautiful!

I spent the rest of the weekend with Brent and Darla.
4th of July morning, Darla and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen making food, doing dishes, and talking.
Dessert ready to be consumed!
We went to the Carthage fireworks that evening.
Sunday night when I returned home, the reflected sunset was so pretty.
Lunch break one day at HH, I introduced my friend Mary Ann to Ziggis and their delicious frozen chai.
July was full of wonderful sky scenes.
A stormy sunset.
Kinda matching with my coworker Wendy one day. My red jumper was Mother's.
Story time with my kiddos!
Such a neat sunset!
One evening, my coworker Lydia and I got to go on another bikeride together, this time on a trail along the Creek-Turnpike. We started later in the p.m. so only got to ride about 4 miles.
It was a beautiful evening, the heat had cooled off, and when we got back to the trailhead, the sunset was goregous!
One evening I went to supper at Ms. Dotti's house, with Ms. Renee and Ms. Mary Ann.
It sprinkled for a few minutes then we saw this beautiful rainbow.
Swim time!
Thankful for these sweet ladies in my life!
Flowers in Mary Ann's yard.
Practiced music in preparation for Mode Camp, to join the string group!
Continuing to slowly work on my sunflower Afghan when I get time.
Bird convention happening in Tulsa!
A sweet Sunday dinner with friends at the Stubbs' home!
A supper and catch-up time with Mary Ann one evening.
On July 27th after work, I drove to Joplin, visited Tim and Brenda for the evening, spent the night at Brent and Darla's, then drove on to Mode, IL on the 28th for Mode Camp. I got to stay through the end of camp, Aug. 2.

Daddy and Elizabeth had made plans to travel to Columbia MO to see my Grandpa for a few days, so we met in St. Louis for lunch at Culvers on our way to the respective places. Good to be with them for an hour!
This string group makes beautiful, worshipful music together that is such a blessing as prelude before evening services.
This was my 2nd year to get to attend part of Mode Camp and it was such a blessing to me.
Visiting with sweet friends
Good services with wonderful preaching, good food, friendships continued or begun, time away from normal life - where everything slows down a little as you unplug.
Elizabeth and Daddy joined me at Mode for Fri, Sat, Sunday! It was so good to be with them!
Dear Daddy
Softball with the young people
Sweet Laura Ferguson, who wrote and arranged the string music and let me join in the group this year,
and her daughter Rachelle Ferguson.
Sunday night pic of the string group. We were missing 3 players who had played previous nights.
Supper in the dining hall.
Aug. 2 - Sunday at Mode Camp with my dad and sister.

No comments: