Hello there and Happy November and Thanksgiving season!
Here is my October in pictures.
Here is my October in pictures.

A couple Wednesday evenings after work, I had supper and evening time with my friends, the Staceys. It was bittersweet because mid Oct. they moved to Ohio, so I had to say goodbye. They've been such a sweet blessing in my life since I moved to Okla.

One Sunday morning after church; I was so happy to see these sweet friends, who were there visiting for the day.
Pretty fall colors in friends' yard.
Lunch break one day, used for chatting over coffee with my sweet friend Shelly.
A couple Sunday evenings a month, my coworker and friend Kaylee and I help with a Deaf ministry at a church in Claremore. Interpreting for the services has been stretching to my signing skills.
Professional Development day before fall break. I love these P.D. days as all the teachers get to be together for a little bit!
So good to see Ms. Renee, the dear lady I got to work under last year.
Fall break was only 2 days, but I used some vacation time as well and went to KY Oct. 18-Oct. 28. It was evening of Oct. 17th when I left Tulsa. This was my sunset view from the air.
I got in about 2 a.m. Friday, slept for a few hours, then my sister and I picked up our dear friend Brittany and headed off in my sister's car, on a 2 day road-trip adventure for Niagara Falls!
The fall colors through OH and PA were gorgeous! Through NY, not quite as vivid.
We had some delays in our journey, so finally arrived at Niagara Falls State Park around 5:30 p.m. We got to see the falls as the sun went down. This was the first time for any of us to be there.
We were so happy to be seeing the scene in real life, in person!
We loved the beautiful, rushing rapids that led to the Falls. We'd never thought about or seen pictures of that part.
Such pretty fall colors!
A kind lady took this pic for us.
In awe of the powerful water cascading down.
We walked around and saw quite a bit that evening, and stayed long enough to see the light display.
Then we spent the evening/night at a hotel. We had brought lots of snacks for our journey, and some games.
Heading out in the morning.
The Falls park was so pretty in fall colors the next morning.
Standing in line to do the Maid of the Mist.
About to board the boat and become soaked! The normal blue ponchos were pink during the month of Oct. for breast cancer awareness. Brittany loved that they were pink!
On the boat, looking at the bridge that connects Canada (left) to America (right).
Enjoying the spray from the Falls as we passed by.
Such a vivid rainbow in the mist, with a slight double rainbow over it.
Looking at the American Falls.
Looking at the American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls.
Getting closer to the Horseshoe Falls.
Horseshoe Falls!
We were thoroughly soaked by this time (our heads, arms, and feet).
Back on the American side, seeing it all from the observation tower (the best view I think).
It was told to us that we had to go to the Canada side to get the best view, so we went but we were very short on time, so we went but were sorry we did. There weren't any good places to park that were close enough to see anything, and then we got back in line to cross back over to America, but waited 3 hrs of standstill traffic to move the less-than-2-miles to cross. It didn't feel worth it to us. If we had had more time, it probably would've. Anyway, we enjoyed the American side.

Halfway back home to KY, we stopped to see my dear friends, the Staceys, who had just moved from Okla! We spent about an hour with them before we had to keep trekking.

Back home in KY for a week. Sunday at church - a quick pic after church with my buddy Daniel.
On Monday that week I spent a few hours at my alma mater, GBSC, to reconnect with friends.
I miss these sweet ladies, Victoria and Abigail! <3
Got to have lunch and catch-up with these friends, Kristin and Janaye! <3
Ms. Jess bought me a yummy coffee from the new 1810 Coffee shop!
That evening we all went back to GBS for the Missions Convention service that was happening.
After the service they had international food tasting experience in the cafeteria.
Good to see sweet Mary!
One day while I was home, our dear visiting pastors, the Stetlers, stopped by for catching up and hugs!
I made yummy wheat bread.
Wednesday night church with these sweet girls.
Another morning I went back to campus to hang out with my friend Meagan and her two precious kids.
Then got to have lunch with my college buddy, Jenny! We started and graduated together and now we're both teachers!
That afternoon I went on a beautiful fall hike with my friend Pam and her baby boy at Doe Run park.
It was a perfect fall day!
Ducks on the water and flying away.
One afternoon I helped my friend Brittany redecorate her Sunday school room at church.
It's always fun to hang out with and help her!
My long time best friend (and basically family) Joanna got to spend the weekend with us! It was so good to be with her again.

Oct. 26 was Family Fest at Burlington church. I'm so glad I got to be there for it, since I missed it last year after moving to Okla. It's such a fun afternoon and evening with my church family.

The youth playing bump-ball.
Mother sharing "Stages of Quilting" with the ladies.
Supper time
Hanging out with Joanna and Brittany!
Sunday evening the Cassidy family from PA shared a song service that was so wonderful!
Sunday dinner with Joanna, and Jason and Karen.
So thankful for the wonderful time on that trip, reconnecting with so many friends, spending time with family, and getting to do that trip to Niagara Falls.
Monday, Oct. 28, I flew back to Okla, and jumped back into work the next day. I was glad to come back to my coworkers and kiddos and be where God has planted me for this chapter.
Well that about wraps up October! Seeing y'all next month.






































































No comments:
Post a Comment