Friday, July 4, 2025

June 2025


The first week of June was Professional Development at Happy Hands before our summer school started. We had a wonderful P.D. week with lots of opportunities for deepening coworker friendships and meaningful conversation.
Devotions time and all-together training happened in the gym.
We went on a field trip in our bus.
During the week of P.D. I had a muscle sprain in my right shoulder so I could hardly lift my arm without extreme pain, so Urgent Care gave me a sling to rest it for 5 days. My first experience trying to do life like that, but I was thankful it was a week I was off regular work.
For a few of the days, a small group of us went to a Deaf Conference.
My coworker Jentry and I stayed with her grandma, near the conference.
It was really neat to learn Matt Daigle's story of growing up Deaf and partially blind and later get to chat with him (in ASL).
Grabbing coffee on our way to the conference one morning.
Our group minus one who had already left.

Matching with Jentry
Last day of P.D. back at school. We were split into groups to make video clips about Happy Hands.
Lunch with a group, at the Chick-fil-A I work at on Saturdays.
This was a really neat activity that Ms. Jan had us participate in.
Snow-cones with my friend Kati one day during lunch break.
June 12-16 I had off work for a long weekend trip to Houston, to see Jeffrey and Lesa. It was a long drive, so I was so glad when I got there safely.
Supper with Jeffrey and Lesa at an Italian restaurant.
A beautiful Houston sunset during our evening walk.
We had such a great time together that weekend: talking, playing games, walking, swimming, meals, etc. We even set up their tent in their yard one night for "camping". It was also very hot that weekend and their AC went out, but it made for more memories. :D
They use Swimply (swimming pools for rent for a couple hours at a time) for special occasions.
Another evening walk. It would cool off some in the evenings before the humidity set in.
Father's Day Sunday at their church.
On my drive back home, I stopped to visit our friends, Chandler and Melissa, for a couple hours. It was so good to see these friends from college!
June 19th, Happy Hands is always closed, so I had arranged with my friends, the Durkees, to spend the day together at the Gathering Place. We had a picnic lunch, then enjoyed all that the park had to offer.
We even got to go on free boat rides!
Kayaking and paddle-boating on the pond.
That morning on my way to the Gathering Place, I had stopped by another park to see some Happy Hands families that were playing there.
A last minute Saturday evening supper and game with my friend, Mary Ann. She's so sweet.
Sunday dinner and afternoon with my friends, the Herrings!
A Monday evening swim time with coworkers Allison and Cassidy for A's birthday!
Lunch break coffee, catch-up time with Ms. Renee!
Some of my favorite Saturday guests at Chick-fil-A!
Two Sunday evenings during June I interpreted at a church in Claremore that I'm on rotation for. During one evening drive there, I drove past this gorgeous field of flowers: Coreopsis
So I had to pull over and take some pics!
That evening driving home I was again awed by God's beautiful artwork, and pulled over for a few minutes to enjoy the sky scene He was actively painting.
Here's some more sky, cloud, and sunset pictures because June had so many pretty ones! God is the Great Creator!

Thanks for coming along for this monthly review!

No comments: