Thursday, August 5, 2021

July 2021

Here is a recap in pictures of our busy July!
July 6-17, my parents and I were in SD to help my oldest brother's family during my youngest nephew's surgery, so that was quite a chunk of our month. :) I've been in a summer ASL class, and we all work, plus the regular life things, and fun activities with friends thrown in when we can, so it all adds up to a full schedule.
July 1 - I was getting off work early to take some of my coworkers to Kings Island, and as I was getting off, my ASL teacher from last semester, Ruby, came in to CFA. It was so good to see her!!
Me, Elisa, Katie, and Rachel at Kings Island for the afternoon! We had so much fun together!
It poured rain part of the time while we were there, so we ended up getting soaked 2-3 times, but we had a blast anyway, and the lines were very short because of the weather, so it was worth it. :D
Dried out from the sun again.
More coworker snapshots - we've been having some good quality summer worktime together! <3
A beautiful sunrise on a Saturday morning.
One Saturday a few church people came in to CFA while I was working. I love seeing people I know!
July 3, we had the Wilson family over for supper. They took care of our yard, garden, etc. while we were gone to SD.

Playing games with the kids
July 4th, during prayer time I snapped this picture of our dear church family.
Matching for 4th of July!
That evening after church people brought their supper/snacks to hang out together.
July 6, heading to South Dakota!
We got to meet my youngest nephew, Josiah!
He is such a happy baby!!
Summer with the family and a neighbor boy who was over,
Mishael and Mandylyn (almost 5 and almost 2)
Playing at the park the first evening we were there.
Such a precious little baby. The next morning, Randy and Joy and Josiah headed to Mayo hospital in Rochester, MN, for more tests before Josiah could have his surgery that week.
Mishael and Grandpa
Mandy and Grandma
Grandpa stories are some of the best!
The kids did very well with us while their parents were gone for over a week! There were some hard moments of course, but we thank God for His help to us and the kids.
Grandpa, James, and Micah put in a new mailbox.
Mishael getting ready to water the flowers.
Playing in the backyard with the neighbor boy and Joy's sister, Joanna.
Sweet Jewelyn
Jewelyn, Mandy, and their aunt Joanna.
Reading happens a lot in this home (yay!!) and you always need to end the day with some books too. :)
School time!
Game time!
Painting time!
James and I with our paintings. This is always the one thing that James really wants to do with me!
Side note: I can't believe my oldest nephew has passed me up now! 
Sunday morning smiles!! (Most of them anyway)
Jewelyn and I had fun with matching hairdos almost every day. :)
And with Joanna on her day off work.
Joanna and I took the kids to the park several times.
One evening we were invited to friends' house for supper and the evening. They live out on a farm and have lots of animals.
Supper with sweet friends who we were so happy to meet.
Enjoying their hammock!
Mishael
Watching the chickens
For 3.5 days, we went to a youth camp in Miller, SD, for James and Micah to be campers.
It was a great distraction for the kids to have friends to play with and other activities happening so they didn't miss their parents so much.
Micah being used for an object lesson during the message one night.
Kids church for the younger ones!
There was a fun obstacle course for all the youth teams to do every day.
Micah
Volleyball with Micah and James on opposite teams.
After the youth got done, the kids were allowed to play on the course.
Jewel, Mish, and Jon
The youth choir
Mandy and I got to meet new friends, Journey and her mom Bianca. We got to spend quite a bit of sweet time connecting with and getting to know them. :)
Archery 
Kids' craft time
Mishael and I with a sweet girl names Roseanna.
All the youth with their team captains.
Walking across the campus after church with these two. <3
Kids church
James and Micah
We came back with Jonathan, Jewelyn, and Mishael on Friday, and their parents and the baby had gotten home from the hospital the night before. Joy brought some hospital things for the kids.
Little Josiah, such a trooper after being through such a major surgery, and still smiling!! He has a long road of recovery ahead. We are so thankful for God's help to the doctors, Randy and Joy, and Josiah during this hard time.
Gently holding Josiah, and keeping him in a pretty flat position for now.
Grandma with Josiah.
The next morning early, Randy and Mishael took us to the airport. I enjoyed the time with Mish on the drive. He is such a fun little boy.
Flying home!
I love flying and being above the clouds.
Our garden is doing very well this summer! It's the first real garden we've had since moving here from Colorado 5 years ago!
Another quick visit from Elizabeth one Sunday afternoon...
I always am enjoying the neighbors' flowers.
Happy Birthday to our assistant pastor, Andy!!
Celebrating Andy with some cake after Wednesday night church.
Happy to be back with my coworkers again! 
We had to say goodbye to one of our coworkers, David. We will miss him! Stay close to Jesus, David!
July 23, I went with 2 coworkers to see another coworker's play about Joseph.
Sylas did a great job and I'm so glad we got to go support him!
July 24, we went to our friends' home out in the country for supper. The Staleys have a beautiful home and were so sweet to have us!
Visiting and enjoying the beautiful evening after supper.
My sweet friend Felicia took me out on the gator to get to sunflowers! 


What a beautiful evening.
Jr. church! We have really enjoyed the airplane theme for ~15 Sundays now! We have been "in Pilot training" and learning all the good character things so that we won't "crash our planes" as adults. We have been following the life of David and learning how to obey God.
We will soon be switching things up again.
I'm so glad to finally get caught up on blogging! This summer has been just a little crazy, and soon school will be starting again. :) Happy August!

No comments: