Monday, May 3, 2021

April 2021

Hello ya'll!! April is one of my favorite months because of all the spring beauty! So if you need to soak up some flowers and sunshine, I got some pictures for you!

My coworker at Chick-fil-A who does the markerboard art, did this perfect one for Easter week.
My friend and coworker, Esther! We have fun together on Saturdays!

My parents and I - Easter Sunday 2021
Easter Sunday - the Harms family after church
Easter Sunday - I accidently matched the Harms kiddos perfectly! I love these little kids! <3
Easter dinner lunch with Rebecca, Danette, the Coopers, and Retha!
That afternoon we went on a walk.
 I thoroughly enjoyed our bleeding hearts again, that we planted last year!
A mocking bird hiding in the Jane Magnolia at GBS.
GBSC tulips!
The Harms kiddos enjoying the flowers!

Wednesday night Prayer and Praise service at our church - special service outside.
Redbuds
One of my very favorite spring sights!
April 9 was the Spring Banquet at GBSC - my friend Melanie and me
Because of Covid, etc, the banquet was held at GBS instead of off-campus. It was very nice anyway! I got to help serve drinks.
The non-college-age couples who were there. :)
April 10, Mother and others from our church put on a bridal shower for Danette.
Mother and Danette
April 11, we had the Redmond family over for Sunday dinner.

Some sweet little girls at church, matching in polka dots.
Some of the Jr. Church workers
We got to see Elizabeth for a couple days surrounding IHC in TN because she went there with Mother.
A neighbor's flower garden
Elizabeth and I went to our neighbor park where the redbuds are absolutely beautiful! 
Our friend Brittany was driving by and saw us there, so she stopped by! :)

Brittany took this for us. 

Ms. Jess inviting the kids and me to come see her guinea pigs one day.
Melanie and me soaking up the spring!

I am so thankful for God's help to me in my ASL studies! By the end of April I completed my Intermediate ASL and Assessment, so I am heading on to Advanced ASL in the Fall. God has been helping me so much, and all the praise goes to Him for what He has done!
Several days I have gotten to go on a bikeride to the park and study there. :)
April 16, our old friends, the Hinkles from CO and WY, came for supper and the evening while they were traveling by. It was so good to see them again!

April 17, a beautiful sunrise at Chick-fil-A! It is worth getting up so early to see sunrises!
Sunday dinner on the 18th - Danette, Gaby, and Abi

We walked to the park to show the girls what redbuds were and how beautiful they are!
My friend Gaby is graduating next month! Congrats, Gaby!
That evening at church, 5 others and myself spoke about our missions trip to Honduras last month.

Some sweet kids that I captured after church.

April 21, we got snow again, and it make the tulips really sad. Rachel is graduating next month! Congrats, Rachel!

By the next day, the snow had all melted and it was warm enough to walk around the block with Heidi.
April 23, the choir had a Gospel service at GBS. The choir and SWSE did this because of not getting to have normal music-tours, because of covid.
Sweet Mrs. Miller
Pres. Loper

Some sweet coworkers and I on April 24th. We wear our masks constantly at work; we just took them off for this quick picture.
Sunday, April 25 - the Soderna family came for lunch. It was good to get to know them better!
We had fun with their girls, playing lots of games and coloring.

April 26, DPS at GBSC hosted a fun Cake Decorating session. We learned how to do 3 kinds of decorating job on cupcakes.
Kari is graduating next month! Congrats, Kari!

I was so happy to see my friends, the Dickinsons, on campus one day. It was delightful to get to chat with them, and sweet Sis. Heather and I just happened to be matching! :)

April 28, late in the evening, my best friend Joanna flew in to our airport. She spent the night with us before traveling on. It was so good to see her again!
April 30 was the SWSE's Gospel service in the chapel! (Thank you, Melanie, for the pics!)
Before it started...
Caslyn and Ms. V

We are so thankful that although we had a very abnormal year again and didn't get to travel, at least we got to practice all together (not in small groups), and get to have this service, and a concert at the end of May. We are also so thankful for God's help and presence this semester!
Hope everyone is doing well and serving Jesus! HE is the only One worth living for!

No comments: