Dec. 2 and 3 was our church's Christmas Drive-Thru program. Every year they get together a special story and scenes for this program. Visitors stay in their warm car, enjoying cookies and hot-chocolate, while they listen to a cd, with several tracks on it that goes along with the different scenes that the church people are acting out.
The first scene was of a homeless man on a cold winter evening. Everyone passed by him on their way to and from their business. Then a few Christian youth walking by noticed how cold he was, so they gave him some winter warmth, a Bible, and coffee.
The next scene is when the homeless man comes upon a live nativity that is going on and they invite him in, and explain to him the story of Christmas.

The next scene is at a church, where the homeless man started going eventually and decided to give his life to Jesus!
The last scene is years later, of the homeless man after God turned his life around, of him enjoying time with his wife and two little kids.
And then, as our Drive-Thru visitors left the church, they were given a bag with a Bible, scarf and gloves in it, for them to go and find someone homeless to give to!
December, especially the week before Christmas, was crazy busy with catering orders at Chick-fil-A. This was a day when several of the managers were making grilled-wraps in bulk, as fast as they could for a giant order.

These 2 sweet girls, Karen and Karina, have been trying to teach me Spanish at GBS once a week. Mainly it's Karina teaching me, but sometimes Karen tags along.

Dec. 8-10 was the Christmas presentation at God's Bible School and College. I was blessed to be in the Symphonic Wind and String Ensemble for it. This was a dream come true for me.
Kimberly and I after the first night's program was done.
Most of the violin section. Sadly, a couple violinists didn't get in the picture.One night we had a few co-workers from Chick-fil-A there. Janeane on the right is a manager, and Diann in the middle works in the kitchen. Jonathan on the left works there as well, but is a GBS student, and was an actor in the program.

A snack for all the people involved with the program, after the last night of it.
Another GBS activity this month was the Christmas tour of the staff and faculty's homes.
President and Mrs. Loper opened their home.
The group that Elizabeth and I walked with.
One evening I enjoyed babysitting the Harms kids. The triplets and I played outside for awhile before it got too chilly.
December 17 was a very full day. At church in the morning was the kids' Christmas program, which was very well done!
The manger scene
Snapped a quick picture with the Harms kiddos after church. These kids are so special!
We had a quick lunch at home, then Elizabeth and I had to hurry to our Chick-fil-A Christmas party. Everyone brought something yummy to eat, some people played games and others visited.
Not near as many people could come as we were hoping, because of so many other activities going on.
We did some pictionary and a couple other games, including a white elephant gift exchange.
Back at church that evening, there was a singspiration/candle light service. The Harms sang a song.
Bro. Andy preaching a short sermon...
and then we went caroling around the church's neighborhood.
Amy, Charlie and I
One day when I was off work I got to help the Dickinsons as they helped the Sr. Dickinsons move in. It was a cold day and even snowed on us.
Two evenings in December, my friend Kimberly was invited to come play Christmas music on her violin at Chick-fil-A. All her donations went to her missions trip in March. God helped her to do really well and make beautiful music!
The dear Dickinson family enjoying ice-cream cones afterwards.
December 22 started our Christmas week with Jeffrey and Lesa arriving first, then Tim and Brenda, and finally Randy and Joy. I have many pictures of Christmas time so I will make that a separate post.











No comments:
Post a Comment