Monday, February 1, 2016

January 2016

January started out with snow!!  Snow that fell delicately, snow that was very fun to take pictures of.

Incredible details in these snowflakes!
We got to babysit my nephew and niece, Jonathan and Jewelyn one Saturday.
Sunday dinner with guests, Joy's parents who were visiting, and some friends from Colorado Springs
The boys looking at a book together
Joanna, me, Elizabeth, and our friend Crystal Lucas, who is attending Penn View Bible Institute in PA right now, but she was home for Christmas break.
Passing a train on the way to our cleaning job one Tuesday morning.
Elizabeth, Mother, and I matching in purples one day :)
Sunday afternoon quiet time
Visiting and playing games
Elizabeth playing "the crocodile" with Jewelyn and Micah. You take turns pushing the crocodile's teeth down one at a time, and eventually its mouth snaps closed and surprises everyone.
One Thursday afternoon, my friend Natalie came to our house, then she, Joanna, and I walked down to a coffee shop in our town and had a nice time visiting together.
Then we walked back to our house and played a game of Settlers!
Another Sunday afternoon, reading to the nephews.
My niece, Jewelyn and I coloring
Randy and Joy's family came up on the evening of January 20th, to celebrate my dad's 58th birthday.
 Supper time with family
 My Daddy and Mother
 Elizabeth, Joanna, and I playing music together one evening
 On January 26th, my second oldest nephew turned 7! We celebrated with him on Sunday.
 I can't believe he's already 7 years old!
 Micah and his Grandpa and Grandma Albertson
 Jewelyn - age 1.5
 The scene that Mother and I get to enjoy every Tuesday as we clean at our friends' house.
 Near where we clean, I was so happy to get this picture one morning!
On January 5th, my third oldest brother, Jeffrey, and his blessing, Lesa, got engaged! We are so excited for them!
Mother started making a quilt for them, with Lesa's favorite color -- purple! :)
It started with some really tiny pieces!
Getting bigger...
With the next border added on... this is one whole block.
More of the blocks...
All the blocks laid out for the main part of the quilt...
Mother putting borders on...
With the first border...
Finished!! It is all done being pieced, and ready to be sent to the quilter!
This was Mother's fastest quilt! And it's beautiful!

No comments: