Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Caught in the act!

I take a lot of pictures as you probably know by now. Some days birds really seem to like our two bird feeders and come to them all day. Here is a picture of one "caught in the act" coming for it's meal.
Squirrels really seem to like our bird-feeder too, and don't mind being rude to the birds in the process of getting the seeds they want.  It's really neat to be able to take pictures of them, sometimes up close, but usually through the window, but, I also get frustrated at how selfish they are.
 "Yes, did I hear someone call my name?"
 One day during lunch we spotted this hawk eating a small bird. It was sad to watch. You might be able to notice blood down near his feet. He looks guilty!
I was amazed I got this shot. Our neighbors, a few houses away from us were getting their tree cut down over several days; this was the last day.


No comments: