Monday, February 20, 2012

HE. LOVES. YOU.

(I wrote this post late last night)
Hello!! I know I haven't really posted on my blog for quite a while. That's cause I've been busy. I know, I know, everyone says that. But it's true! I have a job helping my mother babysitting 8-10 two--five year-olds on Thursday mornings, cleaning job on Saturday, babysitting here and there throughout the week, plus my regular school every morning and after lunch, getting to write in my books a little here and there, reading some really interesting books (I LOVE reading), and who knows what else.
All of Valentine's Day I was sick, and so I've been trying to get my strength back from that. Now, sadly, my family is getting the sickness (stomach-bug).
For the past couple of years, my family and I have gone to a little church in Denver on Sunday evenings to help put together a children's service. There are three other people who also come down to help. We send two vans out on two different routes to pick up the kids and bring them back to the church. We then start out the one-hour service praying, then singing, memorizing a Bible verse, telling/acting out a story, then take them home again. We feel like that is what we should be doing right now as a ministry to these kids who are from broken-up and split homes. A while back we were getting around 15 or more kids every Sunday evening. Past couple of months it's been more like 5-8 kids every time.
I sometimes feel so discouraged that we aren't helping anything, or doing anything in these kids lives, like the children don't care anymore, like we shouldn't waste the money and time to go up there; but then I think about how God loves these kids, just as much as He loves me, and they don't have any way to learn about God if it wasn't for our Sunday evenings with them. I have a hope and prayer that the seeds that we are planting will one day sprout and grow! We can definitely use your prayers for that ministry.

Tonight we did the Creation story, and it made me think about how big God really is. So, we say He's got the whole world in His hands, and we also say that He's got us in His arms of love, which is all true! But I also started thinking, HE has got the WHOLE Universe in His hands, and the Universe is humungous! So He has the Universe in His hands, with all the planets, including the Earth in it, and He can see the North America,(getting smaller) the United States, Colorado, Johnstown, my home, my life and my heart, ME! I am less than a speck to Him and YET! HE. LOVES. ME. with unfailing Love, unending Love, with crucified love, with powerful Love, with the Love it talks about it 1 Corinthians 13, amazing Love. Can you believe it? I can! I know I don't deserve it, but He loves me anyway!!!! And He loves every and each one of you too with that same LOVE!!!!
I don't know if I can go to sleep I'm so excited!! :D But I better, because it's getting late and tomorrow I have to get back to all that busyness I talked about a while ago. But before I go, I want to share a really neat Bible verse with you. It's Isaiah 26:3 that says: "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusts in Thee!"
Now to me this says, "God will keep Emily in perfect peace, because her mind is stayed on God, because she trusts in Him."  I need not fear at all, I can have peace in the midst of the roughest storms of life, as long as I keep my mind on Christ, and trust in Him! And so can you!
Love, Emily Grace 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Emily!! Thank you for the reminder to keep our minds constantly on Jesus.
love and miss you!

Emily Grace said...

Thanks, Kenna! I love and miss you too!