I stayed with my brother and sister-in-law while I was in Missouri. I stayed with them for 5 weeks. On the 3rd week I was there, we did VBS, which was why I went in the first place. The rest of the time I helped my two sisters-in-law with anything they needed. From killing ants and cockroaches, to making song visuals for VBS.
It was quite an experience! :D I also watched my nephews quite a bit, which I loved, because I don't usually get to spend much time with them.
This is MR. WHO, who did the WISE OWL SAYINGS for VBS.
Brenda and I brought supper to Tim a few times when he was working late.
On Sunday afternoons, after having dinner at my grandma's, I got to video chat with my beloved family that I missed so much. :)
My Grandpa and Grandma. While I was there my Grandpa finished a cedar chest for my graduation, as he has done for all the grandkids. I got mine early because we had a way of taking it home.
This is the beautiful Hope Chest Grandpa made me.
Above: My brother Randy, and his wife, Joy. They have 2 little boys, Quil and Micah.
Below: My brother Tim, and his wife, Brenda. They are going to have a little girl in November.
During VBS week, it was Tim and Brenda's 3rd anniversary, so even though we were busy, Tim took us out to a frozen yogurt place called Orange Leaf.
This is me and my two nephews the night before I left.
VBS program on Sunday after a week of songs, story, Bible verses, games, etc. Fewer came on Sunday than the rest of the week.
Joy's family had a swimming pool, so I got to go swimming once a week. I enjoyed that a lot!!
This is something I did
not enjoy a lot! I made the mistake of leaving something sweet in the bathroom trash can, and this is the consequence.
While I was there, my brothers hosted a tent meeting Tuesday-Saturday evenings, for the neighborhood people, and whoever else heard the music and preaching. Not very many people from the neighborhoods came while I was there, but Joy has told me recently that some people have been coming and are really interested, so we are still praying for that. Randy is continuing the tent meeting until he feels like they should stop.
A few days Joy, her sister and mom, Quil and Micah, and I passed out fliers about the tent meeting door to door. This day we had a picnic in the park afterwards.
There are a few more pictures I want to post, but the computer is having trouble uploading them right now.
Love, Emily
1 comment:
Oh, I love readng about other peoples trips. :D
Post a Comment