Just some of my thoughts:
For the past couple days I've been awaiting a letter from one of my friends. When I didn't find it in the mail today I felt so disappointed; I was wondering if it would ever come. (I love getting letters from my friends!)
I've been thinking 2 things about this.
1. When I wait so anxiously for letters from my friends, why don't I wait, ready for Jesus to come back to earth? (Which is so much more important!)
2. I've realized I don't read my Bible very often, and I have the most precious letter in the world, from the King, sitting right on my nightstand, and I don't read it very often.Why do I want to read my friend's letters so much more than my Bible?
The Bible is such a precious book! More than precious. It is from our Heavenly Father, our King of Kings!
So much happened to me yesterday, Resurrection Sunday... God is so mighty, so powerful, soooo incredible! I love my Savior so dearly, and I'm determined to draw closer to Him. I keep thinking about that hill of Golgotha, over 2,000 years ago. What Christ did for us. For me!
He was beaten with whips, He had a crown of thorns smashed into His head, He was thrown across a cross, He was pierced with nails in His hands and feet, He was stabbed in His side with a spear, HE SUFFERED, not only suffered, but was KILLED FOR OUR SINS!!! He was killed because God loves us so much, He sent His son to die, for our sins.
I just can't get over it.
Anyway, these are my thoughts, and I thought I should share them.
Please, anyone who hasn't accepted Christ as their Savior, please accept Him now. Everyone needs Him!
Praying for each one of you! Love to all, Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment